Latest Upload :

Programming Home with Arduino and Android

Programming Home with Arduino and Android

 

 



I have been a lifelong tinkerer. My earliest recollection of dissecting my father’s
broken tape recorder instilled an appreciation for the technology that drove
it. From there, erector sets, model railroads, and programmable calculators
led  to  personal  computers,  mobile  devices,  and  microcontrollers.  Over  the
concepts can be remixed with surprising, often highly satisfying results has
been liberating. That’s why this book was such a joy for me to write.
Helping others to see what’s possible by observing their surroundings and
having  the  desire  to  take  an  active  role  in  making  their  lives  easier  with
technology while having fun is this book’s primary goal. Yet without others
helping me distill my ideas into what you are reading now, this book would
not have been possible. It is to them that I wish to express my deepest grati -
tude for their support.
A  boatload  of  thanks  goes  to  the  book’s  editor,  Jackie  Carter,  who  spent
countless hours ensuring that my words were constructed with clarity and
precision.  Copy  editor  Molly  McBeath  did  a  fantastic  job  catching  hidden
(from my view anyway) typos and grammatical misconstructions. Big thanks
to Susannah Pfalzer for her infectious enthusiasm and boundless boosts of
encouragement  and  to  Arduino  expert  and  fellow  Pragmatic  author  Maik
Schmidt, whose own success helped pave the way for a book like this.
Many thanks also go to John Winans, tech wiz extraordinaire, who refactored
the  state  machine  code  used  in  several  of  the  projects,  as  well  as  to  Sven
Davies,  Mike  Bengtson,  Jon  Bearscove,  Kevin  Gisi,  Michael  Hunter,  Jerry
Kuch, Preston Patton, and Tony Williamitis for helping to make this book as
technically accurate and complete as it is. Shout-outs also go to Jon Erikson
and Jon Kurz for their enthusiastic encouragement. I also want to thank Bob
Cochran and Jim Schultz for providing wonderfully helpful feedback during
the book’s beta period. Thanks also go to Philip Aaberg for filling my ears with
music to code by. And to the makers of and contributors to the Arduino and
Fritzing projects, you people have changed the world for the better.
I am most grateful to my wife, Marinette, and my family for allowing me to
tunnel away for months in my mythical man cave to complete this book. And
I can’t gush enough over the wonderful pencil illustrations that my daughter
drew for the book. I am so proud of you, Marielle!
Finally,  I  am  sincerely  thankful  to  Dave  Thomas  and  Andy  Hunt  for  their
passion and vision. You’re the best.


Download

Share this article :

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Support :